Kingsferry Boat Club Rules
1/ All members to be responsible for insuring, mooring and making sure moorings are in good order in accordance with Medway ports Authority recommendations such as moorings to be laid in the positions marked on plans approved by the MPA a copy of which is displayed at the club.
2/ Name of vessel to be displayed on a prominent position on the vessel and on the Dingy.
3/ Moorings to be marked by suitable buoys with name of vessel or plan position of the vessel.
4/ Any member falling to comply to MPA regulations will be reported to MPA .
5/ Members must keep the foreshore in a neat and tidy condition.
6/ Any complaint or dispute must be reported to the Honorary secretary for discussion by the committee.
7/ All members will be expected to assist with work for improving and maintain the club facilities.
8/ Members acquiring a different vessel must inform the Honourable secretary in writing giving the name, length and full description of vessel on the appropriate form before the boat enters the club.
9/ Members are NOT Permitted to transfer to any other club member or outside party without specific consent from the committee.
10/ Any member ignoring or refusing to obey club rules will be asked to resign.
11/ Any member whose membership has lapsed or resigned forfeits their rights to any mooring.
12/ Visitors on request may with consent of the mooring holder may use a vacant mooring temporarily.
13/ All moorings must be laid within 2 months from allocation or the right to mooring will be forfeit.
14/ The overall length of vessels permitted within the club shall not exceed 10.9M or 36FT.
15/ The committee shall exercise control over the foreshore and salting within the club mooring area.
16/ The mooring master(s) is the only person authorised by the committee to verify vessels measurements
17/ All Dinghies/ Tenders to be kept locked and Main Gate , water and all huts must not be left unlocked.
18/ Any member leaving the club ( Voluntary or not) will remove there vessel and dingy as soon as membership lapses and furthermore unconditionally agrees to any vessel remaining on club moorings or within the clubs jurisdiction to be disposed of as the committee sees fit and any cost incurred will be recovered by legal means if necessary from the owner(s) concerned.
19/ Any member new or old wishing to introduce a partner will have to comply to the following.
1) The partner must join as a social member.
2) Must also pay joining fee.
3) any partner joining he/she will start the seniority list from the date they joined( e.g if the vessel owner retires from the club and the partner wishes to retain the vessel or introduce one of there own they would be moved to the inside lane and would be able to move according to seniority list.
4) Any existing boat partners prior to 10/06/2012 will retain their existing place within the seniority list if they wish to
continue there membership should the vessel owner retire from the club they would adopt all responsibility and cost of the upkeep of the mooring.
20/ The Club will not tolerate gross misconduct, violence, threatening behaviour or abuse to any other members of the club or committee this will lead to disciplinary action and possibly removal from the club
21) Any members or guest of members under the age of 18 must at all times wear a buoyancy aid within the clubs boundary’s on the water.
22) No weapons or fire arms are permitted on club property at any time.
23) All mooring chains, shackles and buoys to be inspected minimum once per year and maintained to a safe and secure standard.
Please Read Club Rules First Before Filling In Membership Form By clicking On The Accept Button You Agree To All Rules.